I am a hardworking student who enjoys solving problems. I really enjoy programming, and write free, open source software in all my free time. I take pride in my work and keep searching until I have found an elegant, yet simple solution.
Software Developer, Shopify
May 2015 - April 2016
I worked with Shopify's Data Team where we built and maintained tools to analyze Shopfiy's vast data sources. These tools were used by our data scientists to create valuable insights for the company.
Participant in Google Summer of Code
May 2014 - August 2014
Over the summer I worked with both the Wireshark and Ceph projects to add Ceph protocol dissection support to Wireshark. The project was successful and the code has been accepted into the Wireshark project to appear in the next release.
Lifeguard, PPL Group
July 2012 - September 2012
July 2013 - September 2013
Create and maintain a safe environment for bathers as well as respond to emergency situations.
- Comfortable on multiple operating systems.
- Linux - preferred
- OS X
- I am and expert in a variety of languages.
- C/C++ - preferred
- Python 2 and 3
- and fluent in many more.
- I am also very familiar with many development tools including:
Open Source Work
After submitting a few patches, I took over maintenance of Searchbar Autosizer, a Firefox addon that automatically increases the size of the searchbar as you type, so that your entire query remains visible.
After maintaining the addon for a while I re-wrote it from scratch, increasing reliability and decreasing conflicts with other addons, as well as allowing it to be installed without restarting Firefox.
Searchbar Autosizer has seen more than half a million downloads and is used by well over ten thousand people every day.
Mentor, Ashbury Robotics Team
January 2014 - March 2015
Help the Ashbury Robotics Team design and build a robot for the FIRST Robotics Competition.
Assistant, The Etobicoke Dojo
September 2006 - September 2012
Help teach self-defense to children.
- Obtained a Bachelor of Software Engineering from Carleton University in May 2016.
- Graduated from Martingrove Collegiate Institute in 2012 with a Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- President of the Martingrove Robotics Club for two years. As president I had many tasks, not only the technical roles involved in building the robot but also on the administrative side. I was also required to be an expert in all areas of the robot so that I could guide and assist the team members.
- Seiwa Kai Karate First Degree Black Belt
- Obtained National Lifesaving Service certification.
- FIRST Robotics Competition - Greater Toronto Area "Innovation in Design" Award.
- FIRST Robotics Competition - Greater Toronto Area 4th Place.